Modelling of Combustion and Radiative Heat Transfer
(Modeliranje izgaranja i zračenja topline)
Optional subjects registration form
|No of hours per week: 3 [2 + 1], one term||ECTS: 6|
Study: PhD study of mechanical engineering
Course: process and energy
Type of exercises:
Organization of learning activities:
- seminars and workshops
- independent tasks
- individual work with mentor
Organization of examination:
Evaluation of learning process and quality:
Heat and Mass Transfer
Energy and Process Enginnering
Engineering Modelling and Computer Simulations
Introduction to processes of combustion and heat radiation, and methods for their calculations inside furnaces, boilers and combustion chambers. The objective is to provide the required foundation for students involved in research on any aspect of reacting flow, combustion and radiation, to be familiar with mathematical modelling and numerical simulations, which then can serve as guidance toward greater understanding of combustion and radiation processes that is required for producing combustion devices with ever higher efficiency and with lower pollutant emissions. Students will be required to carry out research on any aspect of reacting flow, combustion and radiation.
A complete understanding of the concepts underlying combustion and heat radiation processes in practical application such as furnace, boilers, and other combustion chambers. Basics of the combustion and heat radiation mathematical modelling and numerical simulation. Knowledge of the physical processes (fluid dynamics, heat and mass transfer) and chemical processes (thermodynamics and chemical kinetics) involved in combustion.
1. Görner, K., Technishe Verbrennungssysteme‚ Grundlage, Modellbildung, Simulation, Springer Verlag, Berlin, 1991,
2. Kuo, K.K., Principles of Combustion, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1986,
3. Siegel.R. and Howell,J.R., Thermal Radiation Heat Transfer, second edition, Hemisphere Publishing Corporation, Washington, 1981.
4. Duić, Neven. Prilog matematičkom modeliranju izgaranja plinovitog goriva u ložištu generatora pare / doktorska disertacija. Zagreb : FSB, 24.04.1998 , 171 str. Mentor: Bogdan, Željko.
5. Vujanović, Milan. Numerical modelling of multiphase flow in combustion of liquid fuel / doktorska disertacija. Zagreb : FSB, 20.05. 2010, 140 str. Mentor: Duić, Neven.